Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Corrosive challenge


It's the first time I have entered this challenge and only just made it on time. I followed a sketch.

Cardstock white, matted "light groovy grape" cardstock and then matted DP printed from Funky Hand CD.

The image was one I received in a RAK last year, so unfortunately don't know what make stamp it is. Coloured with water colour pencils and Twinkling H2o's For the flower centre I glued on some seed beads. Swiped the edges with a turq. chalk pad. Matted this onto a square scolloped nestability.

I layered this over a strip of the groovy grape cardstock, that I punched using a corner punch, just removed the side strips, I found it a challenge to line it up for a good edge.

Finished off with a sentiment cut out with my cuttlebug. Sorry it does not show up too well on the photo and added three beads.

Hope you like it. I need to make a number of birthday cards this month, so really need to get some challenges done on time.

We are at last having aa lovely warm sunshiny day after all the rain and cloud the past 10 days. Our business is in the ceramic field making bisqueware and the wet weather has us (especially hubby, as he is the manufacturing dept) tearing our hair out as things don't dry. But today he is smiling. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

RosesMarijke said...

Wat een schitterend mooi kaartje Ursula!!

Baie mooi!!

Marijke

Sharon said...

A lovely card Ursula. I love that image and your border punch. Hope the weather holds for you. hugs Sharon

Unknown said...

Hi Ursula
love your cards....thanks for the comment on my blog. my card classes are mainly at sweet scrappins in Pretoria and sometimes jhb.
thanks jowilna...