Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December has arrived



Happy Wedenesday and 1 December to everyone. As if we need reminding that we have begun our festive month. I also realise I haven't posted in over a week, I have still been working like mad on orders, but at least I finished the last of my group swaps yesterday. Maybe I can now get down and make some cards and take part in a few challenges before the year is out. I have been popping in on a few blogs here and there and seen some lovely things.
As it is December I had to post something with a Christmas theme. I have just taken part with some of our local ladies... 28 in all, for a Festive Twinchie swap . (A twinchie is a card 2" or 50cm square). It had to be decorated and stamped with a Christmas/holiday theme, and a suggestion was to make it to hang in the tree.
I used red card and the image is a clear stamp from a page of Christmas stamps I got from my DIL in the Netherlands, Stamped on watercolour paper, coloured it with twinkling H20's and cut it out with one my my new Nestie dies from the Heirloom Ornament set. (I think this set will see lots of use).
The back (can just be seen on one of the tags hanging from the tree) I printed the details of the swap on a green/white mottled paper and cut this out with a Nellie Snellen MF die. Punched a hole and tied a gold thread on.
Hope to be back soon with some more festive goodies. Take care and for my friends in the north with all the cold weather, sending you warm wishes.

4 comments:

Lia said...

wonderful tree I love the red green colors
hugs Lia

Petra said...

Love the twinchies!

Jerri Jimenez said...

This tree is so precious Ursula, I love it. My SIL has something very similar. What a fabulous way to decorate it! Have fun with those heirloom ornaments! I have them too and love them. {{{hugs}}}

Riet said...

Wat prachtig gemaakt Ursula.

Liefs Riet.