Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Birthday Packet card




Hello blogging friends,Happy Tuesday. Hope you are all enjoying the week and having fun. I would like to send a message to my friends in New Zealand. Even if you are not in the quake area you are in my thoughts, as I know this affects the whole country and its people.
This is a card I made for a blogging friend, and as she has received it, I can now post it.
It was made from a packet...yes an ordinary brown paper packet. I first saw this card on Kim's blog and have made it in a children's class for Valentine and also with adults. Here's how I did it.
Fold the packet in half and decorate it....as simple as that. I used blue cardstock that I put through the cuttlebug with a Crafts Too folder with stars... to match the stars that Tilda is blowing. I am not sure of the name of this Maggie stamp, I am very bad and need to look them up... I stamped it onto watercolour paper and coloured her with Distress ink pads and Aquarelle pencils and cut it out with a Nellie Snellen die. Swiped the edges with a distress ink pad ..stormy skies. Mounted it on a strip of glitzy flowers. Added a flower punched with Nellie Snellen floral punches and added crystal glitter to the stars.
The inside was also finished off with a printed message cut with the NS dies and the back, which I forgot to photograph also has a blue cardstock run through the cuttlebug. Popped a small gift into the opening and it was done.
This is also lovely made with a bigger packet.
Hope you like it and I will be back later this week.
Warm wishes and have a great week

.

3 comments:

Tertia said...

This is a beauty Ursula!

Susan Nel said...

what a great idea,, looks great.

Petra said...

Ursie! I just love my card and gift! Thank you so much :) I had such fun examining how you had put it together! Anther technique that I am gladly adding to my growing list :) Can't thank you enough for the crocheted flowers, they are so beautiful, did you make them yourself?