Friday, February 25, 2011

Winter birthday card




Good morning blogging friends, and a happy Friday. What a morning we have had... woke up to grey skies, then dark clouds, thunder, heavy rain and then a bright blue sky, wonderful sunshine... then more clouds and now back to a lovely late summers day. Will see what the rest of the day brings.

My card today is by no means depicting of our weather, or wishing the winter on us, but it is for a challenge on The Outlawz group, calling for a birthday card with a winter theme. So this is what I put together.

Used a white card and matted a blue onto that, then the DP was a freebie in a magazine from the Funky Hand Winter collection. So came in really handy.

The image is a stamp I picked up at a garage sale, many months ago and is quite an old one, from an unknown source. I coloured it with my Copics. Now this is a first for me. I was given a set by my DIL last year, and I have played with them, but not that confident really. I decided last night...... Now or never.... so this is how it came out....not too bad I think. Lots more practise needed. Also not sure of the best paper to use, but anyway, will keep on trying. Made the pom-poms on their caps with puff paint and a bit of crystal glitter for a snowy effect.
The sentiment was computer generated.

The inside....I cut out the letters with my cuttlebug alphabet and stamped some music notes at random, finished off with a ribbon and music note charm. Also cut out a blank for a written message.

Well as it is almost weekend.... I hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy whatever you are doing.

2 comments:

Tertia said...

Very goos colouring with those Copics. I am addicted to mine. Have a great weekend.

Enfys said...

Lovely cards Ursula, I love the font onthe birthday one.
hugs
Enfys xx