Friday, November 11, 2011

Fancy fold Star

Happy Friday friends,
Today being 11/11 we remember all those that have offered up their lives through the years.
It is another scorcher of a day here in this part of South Africa. Temps of 30 plus deg. for the 3rd day and the forecast is for more of the same for the weekend....and not a drop of rain in sight. Would love to be able to share some of our heat with those that need it...LOL
My card today was one I made for a class I taught last week.I did find the idea somewhere, just lost the link, but will look for it and add it in here.

                              
I found the link:   Stamp Owl's Studio The link to the card doesn't seem to work, so this is the link to the blog and the post for this tutorial is 8 April
   It is actually not a difficult card to make, just needs acurate measuring. It went down well with the class
Here is what I used.
Paper....local cardstock, DP from the Papermania range...Blueberry Pie and some silver card for matting.
The swirls were cut from Marianne design dies. finished off with pearls and paper roses....in the class we punched out flowers and embossed and coloured them.
On the inside cut a circle with a Nellie Snellen die for the message.

I will enter this in the following challenge
Cooking with Katie...Fancy fold add some flowers

I have a number of cards for various project to complete this weekend, if I can find a cool spot to work in.
Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

9 comments:

Hannelie said...

Wow! Lovely...

Sharon said...

This is absolutely fabulous Ursula. Would love you to find that link... Looks difficult for my brain though...hehehe Well done. hugs Sharon x

Monica said...

So clever. Looks a lot of hardwork to me...

So kind of you to remember all those who gave up their lives.

Hope the weather gets cooler.
xxx Monica

Dr Sonia S V said...

What an amazing card

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Riet said...

Wat heb je dit prachtig gemaakt Ursula.


Liefs Riet.

NanaConnie said...

Great project! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Cooking It Up with Katie this week. Hope to see you again next week.
NanaConnie DT Chef

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful card Ursula. Looks complicated but the end result is stunning. Love the colours and little paper roses.
Amelia x

Margaret said...

Stunning stunning card! I'm a sucker for new folds so going to have to give this one a try!

Ina G said...

Awsome card Ursula. I too love making different types of folded cards.