Friday, January 13, 2012

New Year's Wishes... not too late

Good morning friends,
I just realised that my last posting was last year...so I would like to wish all my followers and blogging friends best wishes for a wonderful year. May you all be blessed with peace, joy, happiness and good health in this coming year. I also look forward to being inspired by all the lovely creations that I see on all your blogs. As I am still on holiday for another 5 weeks, my contributions here will be a little sparse...I am doing some crafting with my DIL at her shop  HobbyDee in The Netherlands, also helping out and giving a hand where I can.

My card this week was my entry for the DT at   The outlawz...colour challenge These were the colours we were given to work with, and the twist was to use a feather...... which was the choice of Teresa, taken from a photo of her beautiful parrot. Do go and have a look at the fantastic cards from the DT members and please try and join in with your gorgeous projects.


This is the card I made, using a digi image from Kenny K designs


Paper, green bazzil cardstock matted onto white card. DP from CreaMotion...dots and stripes, matted onto the green and the corner turned over and fastened with a brad.
Image......         Kenny K designs..coloured with Aquarelle pencils and cut out then mounted on white with 3D foam pads.
Sentiment...happy birthday was a stamp and "yes,yes,yes" hand written.

My entry card did have an orange feather. I couldn't find a feather before I took this photo, and then my DIL found a bright orange feather, so retook the photo, but forgot to save it, and I have posted off the card already. It is for my grandson in South Africa....celebrating his 15th birthday.
Well that's it from me for this week. I do apologize for not commenting on many blogs. I do try and pop in, but don't spend too much time on the computer, as you can imagine.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend..the weather is cooling down here...we might see snow before we leave.
Take care and warm wishes from me in The Netherlands.

3 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

Your card is great, Ursula; especially after you added the orange feather. I told Gonzo yesterday that he is famous now and people all over the internet are looking at his picture. He didn't seem impressed. He probably already thought he was famous. But since I seemed so excited, he let me kiss his head. What a bird. :)

Monica said...

Awesome, handwritten sentiment looks BETTER than a store bought one! And what a super take on the colours. Your card is so cool - ideal for a teenager.

Happy New Year and happy holidaying... I will miss your lovely posts.

Hugs,

Monica

hennie said...

Wat is je kaart heel erg leuk geworden Ursela.
Alvast gefeliciteerd met je kleinzoon!
Dank voor je reactie op mijn blog.
Mijn idee mag je zeker gebruiken.
Als je wilt dat ik je wat stansfiguren opstuur moet je je adres maar even mailen. Bij mijn profiel staat mijn gmail adres.
Lieve groetjes hennie.