Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Colour challenge @ The Outlaws

Good morning friends,
Before I get carried away, I would like to welcome my new followers. It is so good to have you visiting and hope you will always find some inspiration.

Where is the time going...only 5 more sleeps till we fly out on our holiday. The weather in The Netherlands and other Northern Hemisphere countries does seem to be more springlike now...so that is good news.

This week the colours and twist  at The Outlaws Colour challenge was chosen by Penny  with the twist ..to use patterned paper.

Our sponsor for April is Digi My World, with a $10 gift certificate for the winner

My teamies on the DT have made some gorgeous cards for your inspiration, so please come and join in the fun.


I kept my card fairly simple this week
.

Image is a freebie by Nana Vic from CDAC progressive challenges.This is the first in a series of 4 digis. As you finish a card with the image, you may request the next one. I am lagging behind, but will get my next one now.
 I paper pieced the umbrella with  patterned paper, added some glitter and glossy accents on the handle. Mounted it on a Marianne Deign diecut.
The papers are pieces from my stash.
Sentiment is a Whiff of Joy, stamped on a tag, with brads. Finished off with pearls.

I am going to enter some challenges:
CDAC progressive challenge
Card Mania challenge #18...punches /diecuts
Creative Stamp Friends #75...Paper Piecing
Forever Friends challenge #16...Paper piecing
Pink by Designs challenge...April showers
Make it Monday...Anything goes
Sparkle and Sprinkle...Use a digi
Paper Nest Dolls challenge #2...Happy Birthday
Pink Elephant challenge...Paper piecing

I have just heard the tragic news of the bombing at the Boston Marathon. What a horrible act. My heart goes out to the people of Boston and those that were injured, also the families of those that died. My husband used to run marathons all over and I was always there watching, so feel very much for all those people.

I wish you all a wonderful week, with some crafting time and enjoying the good weather if you are lucky to  have some. See you soon and take care.
Love Ursula

20 comments:

NicoleDesigns said...

Thank you for sharing your adorable card with us at The Paper Nest Dolls challenge... xo Nikki ox

Unknown said...

Ursula this is so cute! I love the pattern on the umbrella paper and I would never have thought of that sentiment. Just great! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Unknown said...

Keeping it simple works so well around that amazing sentiment that you chose to go with the little umbrella digital. Fantastic paper piecing with such pretty paper and the little glitter dots finish it of so nicely.
Thank you Ursula for joining us at CDAC freebie challenge *Hugs*

Monica said...

Hello Ursula,
This card is just LOVELY. I like the soft colours here and the pearls look perfect.
Love,
Monica
PS: When I turned on the TV this morning, it was sad to hear the news about the Boston Marathon. I feel is sometimes better not to watch the news the first thing in the morning you know.

Riet said...

Wat een schitterende kaart Ursula.

Liefs Riet.

Amanda said...

Lovely card Ursula!

hugs Amanda xx

OlgaB said...

Love the DP you used!
May blessings rain upon you!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very pretty, love that umbrella

Momente auf`s Papier gebracht said...

hello ursula,
beautiful card, thankyou for joining us at creative stamp friends, greetings from sonne

Sandy said...

A lovely CAS card, Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

loz said...

Fabulous card and lovely coloring Ursula..Loz
Visiting from MIM...

Sonia said...

Such a really lovely work^_^
Thank you for joining us this mounth at Forever Friends for Paper Piecing Challenge, Good Luck ^_^
DT Sonia
(If you want I have a surprise candy for celebrate my first blogaversary^_^)

Stempelhexe said...

Eine wunderschöne Karte ist das geworden, danke fürs Mitmachen bei den Kreativen Stempelfreunden.

LG
Ulla

~KellyJosephine~ said...

I love the scallop die and the paper piecing on the umbrella, super cute! Thanks for entering over at the Paper Nest Dolls ~Kelly Walkelmol

Unknown said...

What a beautiful umbrella. I also have it. .o) Thank you for joining our Happy, Happy Birthday Challenge at The Paper Nest Dolls.
Jasmina

April said...

Another pretty card! I love the paper piecing. Thanks again for joining the SNS challenge.

Mila said...

Lovely card! Really beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges!
Hugs, Mila

Stine said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at creative stamp friends.
HUgs stine

Rachel said...

What a beautifull card! Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends, hugs Rachel

Wattage said...

What a lovely card - thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x