Monday, March 31, 2014

Christmas .....deadline?

Hello friends,
I said that I would be back yesterday, but just didn't get to finishing the card. It almost feels like the Christmas rush at the moment, trying to get certain things done on time.



Well I must admit I did cheat a little. I had started this card before Christmas, but then I really did run out of time, so decided to quickly finish it off. I still have another couple ready for completion, so that will help when I need to use them.

I just can't remember the fold...A diamond...???, will find it and put it up later.
 Here is what I used:

Paper - Green cardstock, and matted red onto that.
Image - Country Crafts and stamps. Stamped and embossed with gold EP, coloured with pencils and cut it out. Mounted with 3D foam dots.
Used peel-off strips and corners to finish.

As it still is March for another few hours, I had best get it into the challenges for March.

Challenges & Candies  #30...Anything goes
Completely Christmas #5...Anything goes
Sister Act Card challenge #50...Anything goes
One Stitch at a time #206...Anything goes
Crafty Catz challenge #224...Anything goes
Decosse's Dynamite Doodles...Christmas ..anything goes
Fitztown challenge #29...Fancy folds
Wishing you a good evening/day depending on where you are. Hope the week goes well for you, and watch out for tomorrow's tricks. Take care.

Love Ursula

15 comments:

Erica ♥ said...

En je hebt weer een kerstkaart af,
mooi model ☺
Gezellige en fijne nieuwe week ☼
Liefs van Erica
{Heidebloempjuh}

Naomi Johnson said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

Kaija said...

What a stunning Christmas card!Thank for joining us at Fitztown Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member

Janette said...

Hi Ursula, What a gorgeous card, and I think your right about the name, how quickly we all forget....lol....
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Spectacular Christmas card, Ursula. I love the gold frame and corner pieces.

StampNScrapJunkie said...

That's a great fancy fold card! I am not sure I've seen that before. I like it! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope you will hop on over there for our Bunny Blog Hop! We've got a freebie and a 3-digi Easter Collection prize for two lucky participants! Maybe one will be you! :) Good luck!
Ema
FCB DT Coordinator

Judy McKay said...

I like that fold and your design. Thank you for joining us this week and I hope you will join in the Bunny Hop. Judy DT

chilli pip said...

Fancy fold card and quite scary that the Christmas cards are appearing already but I guess it is wise to plan ahead.i love green , red and gold for Christmas so traditional . Lovely!

Keti's Projects said...

Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši (Challenges and candies).
Hugs, Keti (DT)

Maureen R said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at SACC this week. Good luck.
Maureen DT

Monica taylor said...

What a fun Christmas card. Glad you could join us this week at completely Christmas. Monica, DT

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made! I like your embossing :-))
Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši". Good luck and please join us again!
Hugs, Andreja

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 4 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Sande said...

Lovely Christmas card!
Thanks for joining us at Fitztown this time and hope to see you again soon!
Hugs, Sande xx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What a really neat fancy fold. Love all the touches of gold and of course that fab red background. I too have some cards that are partially finished from last Christmas. I just never seem to have the time to go back to them. I realize that this card (and the other I'm about to visit) are from March but since I was over here on other DT business, I figured it was high time I pop in and leave you a comment. Thanks so much for adding your card to my 12 Months of Christmas link up.

Regards,
Lisa