Monday, February 16, 2015

Christmas patchwork

Happy Monday everyone,
Hope you all had a great weekend, did you get some nice choccies??

Today I have a Christmas card. I saw a great video on Gina K designs - stamp TV last week called scrappy background and decided to use up some pieces of patterned paper to make this card.

 
 
The image I used is Christmas Paper  from DS4J, cut out and mounted on red mirror board.
 
Added a poinsettia that is a 3D peel-off. I have had a number of these for ages, and have now almost used them all.
Added pearls.
 
It was quite a quick background to make and a lot of fun.
 
Will enter the following challenges:
All Sorts challenge #298...Any occasion other than birthday
Hiding in my Craftroom #187...Super scraps Saturday
Christmas Stampin all year round #39...Anything goes
Sister Act Card challenge #93...Anything goes
Stempelsonne...Anything goes
 C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #298...Traditional Christmas colours
Little Miss Muffet challenges #104...Anything goes
ABC Christmas challenge...C is for colourful
Crafty Gals Corner #6 ...Anything goes
 Word Art Wednesday #170...Anything goes
Scrapper's Delight challenge #40...Anything goes
Have a lovely week and take care.
 
Love Ursula
 

 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ursula Another wonderful card I love the background and the topper is lovely and the overall design is wonderful. xx

Hugs Debs xx

{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

Natalie said...

such a great way to use scraps! Or even Washi Tape :)
Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito
Stop by for my Birthday Candy :)

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love what you've done here with your patchwork background! The papers all go so beautifully!

Teresa Arsenault said...

I love patchwork cards; especially that they use up scraps so beautifully. Yours is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Teresa

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Ursula. It's pieces together like a hand-made quilt and is absolutely stunning. Thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us, and have a blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Petra Swart said...

Love your selection of patterned papers to make the beautiful bg, Ursula!!! The poinsettia is lovely!!!

Lena said...

Lovely and festive card. Love the pretty papers you used for your patchwork effect :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. I hope to see you again soon. Good luck!
Hugs,
Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenges this week!
Monica - DT

Gail said...

Ooooh, wonderful card. I adore the way you've done the background...it's a beautiful 'quilt' pattern! The sentiment stamp in the center is fabulous. I love this card and it's a GREAT card for our challenge. Thank for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Hugs, Gail

sweet art designs said...

Lovely card. You did an amazing job using up scraps. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Edwina said...

Fabulous! I love the background. It is so beautiful;. I like crafty things like this. That sentiment digi looks great with this background. ♥ Edwina Brown
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
Edwina's Creations – My personal Blog!

Mummylade said...

Adorable project! Thank you for sharing it with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge!

Marilyn said...

Great card and I love the colours of the patchwork.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you'll join us again.
Marilyn